1. Do whichever stages you wish and you may wish to do only part of the day. Saturday and Sunday will probably be the busier days.
2. Picnic party at The Punchbowl on Sunday afternoon at 3pm. Try and get there by then. There will be FREE refreshments and there is the Punchbowl coffee shop as well.
3. Accommodation. If you want to stay overnight, then please book your own B&Bs for the night.
4. Various pubs on route will be warned of the Scramble and make you welcome. There are pubs at the start and finish of most days - several with bacon butties and coffee available.
5. Please try and start walking as early as you can in the morning . 9 am as a suggested meeting time, but otherwise start walking as and when you please.
6. Cyclists are welcome, but please note there are sections of footpath only. You will have to bypass these as best you can.
7. The Greensand Way is well marked, but we suggest you buy an OS map or Google Surrey/Kent County Council/ Greensand Way for their maps (which are very good).
8. Runners - there will be a start at 12 midday on Sunday at Hascombe White Horse with 11.5 miles of glorious Surrey countryside to enjoy ending at the Hindhead Punchbowl. This is not intended as a race, and you will need to be self sufficient i.e. no water stations.
9. The Simon Trust. This Greensand Scramble is in aid of The Simon Trust and please use Virgin Money Giving /Greensand Scramble to seek sponsorship from your family and friends. If you can find at least 10 sponsors, then this would be fantastic.
10. Entrance is just £10 (plus booking fee) with Eventbrite - same fee for a few hours’ dog walk or the full 4 days. All this money will go to The Simon Trust.
11. Further details of possible transport back to your cars, parking places and the route will follow to all those who enter.